Day to Day Substitute Nurses
The Freeport Area School District is currently seeking day to day substitute nurses. To apply, please submit a copy of a valid nursing license, a standard teaching application, along with the clearances, training, and testing documentation described on the District's Clearances/Training/Health Record page.
Day to Day Substitute Teachers
The Freeport Area School District has partnered with ESS for the District's substitute teacher staffing needs. Please visit www.ess.com/jobs for more information and to apply for a position working as a substitute teacher in Freeport Area schools.
The current board-approved pay rate for substitute professional personnel (teachers and nurses) is $100 per day.
Applications for full time teaching positions are accepted only when the District advertises that there is a vacancy.
For the initial screening process, applicants for full time teacher positions should possess the following:
- Strong academic preparation
- Aggressive course work and demonstrated knowledge in major subject area
- Pennsylvania Level I teaching certification (multiple areas of certification are preferred)
- Demonstrated expertise in technology
- Expressed willingness to coach, sponsor or supervise student activities
The Freeport Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).