• All Freeport Area schools are closed for Summer Break.  Classes will resume on Wednesday, August 21.

Close alert

Free and Reduced Price Meals

Last Updated: 7/6/2023 6:03 PM


Parents and guardians of Freeport Area School District students are reminded to apply for the District’s Free and Reduced-Price Meals program. This government-funded program is here to help all families that may qualify with a free or reduced-price school meals.  You may obtain the easy to complete application anytime at any school office, at the link below, or by contacting the Food Service Director at (724) 295-5141, extension 1252.  


Apply online at www.schoolcafe.com.  Click here to read instructions for completing an online application or here to view a video that walks parents/guardians through the application process.  


If you prefer, you can print out and complete the District's paper application and submit the completed application to the Administration Office.  Paper applications can be submitted to the District Administration Office at 621 South Pike Road, Sarver, between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm or by mail to:


     Free/Reduced Price Meal Applications
     FASD Administration Office
     PO Box C
     Freeport, PA  16229


Please contact the Administration Office at 724-295-5141, ext 1220 with any questions about Free/Reduced Meal Applications.

Please contact the Special Services Coordinator to learn about services available to Limited English Proficient households.  In addition, translated USDA prototype applications are available at http://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/translated-applications.





USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic information in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department. (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination complaint form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at http://program.intake@usda.gov.

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities and wish to file either an EEO or program complaint, please contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (Spanish). Persons with disabilities, who wish to file a program complaint, please see information above on how to contact us by mail directly or by email. If you require alternative means of communications for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) please contact USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.