The Freeport Area School District Technology Department provides technological service and support to all schools and administration in the acquisition and use of technology. Use of these resources is intended to enhance performance, ensure the availability of information for all users, provide timely and accurate information about students, and quality support services. The Freeport Area School District’s Technology Department currently services and maintains more than 700 computers, with over 250 being mobile computers, and hundreds of additional network devices including servers, network switches, network printers, multimedia projectors, wireless access points, etc. All told the Department provides support for more than 1000 devices.
The Freeport Area School District Technology Department focuses efforts on the following:
- To maintain the most up-to-date hardware by placing computers on a five-year replacement cycle with the latest available technology.
- To provide internet access for all students and district employees, secured by the district firewall and filter.
- To support all district technology hardware and software related needs for students and staff.
- To supply installation of hardware and software by the technology staff.
- To provide training of software to enhance technology use in the classroom by staff and students.
Technology in the Freeport Area School District is managed by Ron Grove. Contact Mr. Grove with any questions on the district's technology at (724) 295-5141 ext. 1241.