Language (Writing and Grammar)
What will my child be learning?
- Writing CAN be enjoyable!
- Stamina in writing
- The modes of writing: Narrative, informational, and opinion/persuasive
- Creative writing and poetry
- Grammar topics which will be applied to writings to help “spice” things up
How is my child’s grade determined?
- Effective use of the writing process
- Published/final writing pieces
- Notes taken in Writer’s notebooks
- Weekly writing prompts
- Notes taken in writer’s notebook
- Worksheets (in class and at home)
What kind of homework should I expect to see?
- Most writings will be completed at school. However, all students work at different paces.
If a student has not completed an assignment in class, they may need to complete it at home.
In this instance it will be on Remind 101 and in their planner
- Study for grammar quizzes using grammar packet
- Homework will be posted on Schoology
How will I know if my child is completing assignments?
- Check their writer’s notebook. Ask them to show you what they did that day/week.
- Check PowerSchool. I try to upload grades on a weekly basis (unless it is an extensive project which will take more time to grade)
- Please email me if you have questions or concerns about your child's progress