Tri-M Music Honor Society
View Events/Assignments for
Tri-M Music Honor Society membership provides recognition and motivation for the finest music students in grades 6 through 12. Founded in 1952, the Tri-M Music Honor Society boasts almost 5000 chartered chapters worldwide. As a program of the largest arts education association in the world, The National Association for Music Education (MENC), Tri-M participation is an important addition to the music department and to the school.
- Membership Requirements:
- Enrollment in a year-long music class for the current academic year.
- Overall grade average of 3.0 or higher in the previous academic quarter.
- Music grade average of 3.75 or higher in the previous academic quarter.
- Leadership, Service, and Character:
- Demonstrated leadership, service, and character in their activities. New members must present three recommendations before joining.
- Primary Goals:
- To recognize student accomplishment and service to motivate them to achieve at the highest level
- To increase the visibility and prestige of the school music program
- To build awareness of the importance of music in school and community through service and outreach
- To increase teamwork among instrumental and vocal students and factuly
- To offer leadership opportunities for music students and faculty
All current officers of Tri-M MUST enroll in the Tri-M club! General Membership in Tri-M does not require joining the Tri-M club, though it is encouraged. There will be monthly meetings throughout the school year for all in Tri-M general membership.