Applications for Emergency Rental Assistance can be submitted through the PA COMPASS website, www.compass.state.pa.us. A COMPASS account/log-in is not necessary to submit an application for Emergency Rental Assistance.
Paper applications can be printed from the COMPASS website or you can request that one be mailed to you by contacting your county's program office listed below. Completed paper applications can be submitted by mail or in person to the program office address listed below.
Butler County Residents
Butler County Center for Community Resources
212-214 Main Street
Butler, PA 16001
Armstrong County Residents
Armstrong County Community Action Agency
705 Butler Road
Kittanning, PA 16201
Eligibility criteria for the Emergency Rental Assistance Program include:
- US citizen, or qualified noncitizen with an unexpired immigration status;
- Obligation to pay rent on a residential dwelling or utility and home energy obligations;
- One or more members of the household who qualified for unemployment benefits, experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to COVID-19;
- One or more members of the household who demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (meaning they have a past due utility or rent notice or eviction notice; unsafe or unhealthy living conditions exist; or there is other evidence of such risk, such as past due rental payments); and
- An income that is no more than 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) for the household size.
Verification of each of these eligibility criteria will be required before assistance can be provided.
Annual Area Median Income (80%)