• All Freeport Area schools are closed for Summer Break.  Classes will resume on Wednesday, August 21.

Close alert

College in the High School Courses

Last Updated: 8/31/2020 3:29 PM

Dual enrollment is a opportunity that allows high school students to earn college credits for courses taken through a post-secondary institution while still attending high school.


Students will be enrolled in both the high school and the postsecondary institution.   Students will have the opportunity to earn credit through Westmoreland County Community College (WCCC), The University of Pittsburgh and Seton Hill. In order to earn credit, students will need to register for that credit, pay the rate and earn a passing grade. Courses offered through Pitt will need to pass an entry exam in order to get credit for the class.

** Students will need to request an official transcript from the college or university for proof of earned college credit. **


To see if the CHS courses you take through Freeport will transfer to the institution you may transfer to, visit Pennsylvania Transfer and Articulation Center at www.patrac.org or visit the college/university website.


We cannot guarantee college credit earned here through FAHS will transfer to your college/university of choice!


Cost per credit will be determined by each College or University.  Cost per course will be approximately $300.00.


List of College in the High School Courses