- In February course booklets/scheduling sheets will be available to students and parents online and in the guidance office.
- Students should discuss the course offerings and scheduling procedures with their parents.
- Students and parents should complete the Course Selection Form provided by the counselor. Consideration should be given to prerequisites for courses and rescheduling required courses from previous semesters for which credit was not received. Students are considered failing a course for the year if they have not earned a passing average by the time they are scheduled.
- Small group sessions will be held with students to register for courses for the following school year in Powerschool.
- Tentative schedules will be reviewed by counselors and sent home with students at the end of the school year.
- Parents who have questions about the tentative schedule should contact their son/daughter’s school counselor.
- All schedule changes must be made by June 30th of the current school year!
Schedule Changes/Course Withdrawals During the School Year:
If a student desires to make a course change or drop a course once the school year has started, they are encouraged to do so within the first 4 ½ weeks of the grading period. If a student desires to make a course change or drop a course, due to academic difficulty, after the first 4 ½ weeks of the grading period, they will receive a withdrawal pass (WP) for grades A-D and a withdrawal fail (WF) for a failing grade. It will be the student’s responsibility to make-up work missed as a result of changing classes. Course changes or course withdrawals occurring after the first grading period, for the course(s) in question, will only be made for special circumstances with approval from the administration.