I will not give out personal information i.e., my address, telephone number, parents' work addresses or telephone numbers, or the name and location of my school without my parents' permission.
- I will tell my parents immediately if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I “meet” online without first checking with my parents. If my parents agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring one of my parents along.
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or make me feel uncomfortable. If I do, I will tell my parents immediately so that they can contact the online service.
- I will talk with my parents so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit.
- I will not access other areas or break these rules with their permission.
Courtesy of The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children